Bereco use only FSC® 100% timber in our wooden windows and doors. You will find our FSC® logo on the product itself; on our delivery tickets and on our invoices.
Established in 1994 Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®); are a not for profit organisation dedicated to the promotion and management of responsible forestry with 2 main functions:
- First and foremost certifying forests. FSC® ensure that the highest environmental and social standards are achieved within the forest where the wood is being harvested from for use in products and services that are sold not just in the UK but all over the world.
- In addition to certification of the forest FSC® also operate and manage over 32,000 chain of custody certificates in 122 countries. Chain of custody certification offers clarity and transparency and allows you to track back through the supply chain right to the forest; it is proof that what the wood started out as i.e. FSC® 100% remains FSC® 100% at the end of the supply chain at the retailer.
The FSC® tree tick logo is a promise that every company involved in the manufacture of the product uses wood from sustainable sources; helping protect and conserve our forests, their wildlife, and us as people that both use and work in them. You’ll find the FSC® logo on an array of products around the world.
There are 3 types of FSC® labels that you will see on any FSC® products you buy:
- FSC® 100% is where all timber making up the product has come from an FSC® certified forest.
- FSC® Mix contains a minimum of 70% FSC® certified wood.
- FSC® Recycled is made from reclaimed material again a minimum of 70% of the input must be reclaimed.
Did you know?
FSC® currently certify over 190 million hectares of forest in over 80 countries worldwide. A wooden spatula was the first FSC® product available in the UK in 1994, by 2003 over 20,000 FSC® certified products were available.