Installation & Maintenance Products
Bereco offer a variety of additional ancillary items including fixing packs and maintenance products to allow you to complete your installation.
Fixing packs, foam and sealant enable a professional installation whilst regular maintenance helps prolong product life and ensures original warranties are maintained.
Cavity Formers are the simplest, most effective way to seal cavities around wall openings and provide a rigid window or door frame template. As well as acting as a brickwork former, they enhance thermal efficiency, create a damp-proof course and prevent thermal bridging in accordance with Part L of the Building Regulations.
- – 2, 3 or 4 sided cavity formers.
- – Closes any size cavity between 50mm and 300mm.
- – Circles, arches, ovals and combination T or P shape frames.
- – BBA certified and meet Part L of the Building Regulations.
Built-in thermal efficiency
Cavity formers incorporate an insulated core, which not only improves thermal efficiency for Part L Building Regulations compliance, but also saves time on site because no additional insulation needs to be fitted.
Cavity formers are very easy to install and eliminate the time-consuming process of fitting.
Prevent cold-bridging, condensation and mould
Using rigid cavity formers achieves a close fit around all building apertures to prevent draughts. It creates an effective damp-proof barrier and prevents cold-bridging, condensation and mould growth.
Eco-friendly made from 100% recycled material
Cavity formers are manufactured entirely from recycled post-consumer waste. Today, with the Code for Sustainable Homes offering credits to builders who use sustainable materials and energy-efficient products, Cavalok cavity closures are the obvious choice for every new-build project.
At Bereco we recommend the use of fixing packs ensuring all components are to hand, enabling quicker installation. The number of fixing packs depends on the size of windows; one pack is designed for the largest size window. Included in the pack is the following:
- 8 x metal fixing straps/plates (200mm)
- 16 x 10 gauge 1 ¼” wood screws for fixing the strap to the frame
- 16 x 3/16” x 2 ¼” masonry (Tapcon) screws for fixing the strap into the brickwork
- 10 x wedge packers and 10 x flat packers for packing and levelling.
This window sealant gives excellent adhesion to all common building materials, porous and non-porous without the use of primers. It Is waterproof and weather and mould resistant ensuring water runoff and will stay looking clean long after occupancy.
- Our perimeter sealant comes in 300ml tubes of Sika Plastix 22a silicone.
- Colours; Anthracite Grey, Black, Chartwell Green, Teak, Caramel, Translucent, Brilliant White
- One tube = 2-3 frames.
Soudafoam Gap Foam
Soudafoam Window & Door expanding foam has a precision gap filling nozzle; so you fill only the gaps around the window. Can be cut, sawn, plastered and siliconed over within 2 hours allowing exterior completion of the watertight seal of the building envelope.
A self-expanding, ready to use foam, which contains propellants which are not harmful to the ozone layer, this foam has a high insulation value, along with thermal and acoustic properties.
- Our gap filling foam comes in 750ml canisters of Soudafoam Window & Door Expanding Foam
- One canister = 2-3 frames.
Teknos Clean & Care Sets
Bereco clean and care sets are suitable for both hardwood and softwood timber types and both painted and stained finishes. They restore shine to the dulled and weathered finish of your windows and doors. They also help to maintain your all important timber and finish warranties and Increase the time to first redecoration.Our clean and care sets contain:
- 1 bottle clean solution (1000ml)
- 1 bottle care solution (1000ml)
- One set =10 frames