Bereco offer architects and other construction professionals the latest information in the ever changing and highly regulatory construction sector. With our many years in the design, manufacturing and supply of timber windows and doors we are well placed to offer advice and guidance on key subjects such as regulatory compliance through to the sustainability of our built environment.
Noise & Health In The Built Environment
We are pleased to present our latest RIBA certified core curriculum CPD ‘Noise and health in the built environment.’ This informative CPD provides an understanding of noise and how to address acoustics in the built environment. We discuss the intricacies of noise and how this is measured and the effects this has on health. With many discrepancies in the window industry surrounding acoustics, we discuss what to look for when specifying acoustic windows and how to design out noise.
- To develop an understanding of the effects that noise has on our health
- To detail the ways in which to design out noise
- Knowledge of the acoustic performance of glazing
- An understanding of the process of the acoustic testing of windows and doors
- An overview of how sound reduction is measured.
- An introduction to the acoustic test standard BS EN10140-2
Core curriculum subjects
- Design, Construction and Technology
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- General Awareness