Bereco Part Q CPD
What is CPD?
Continuing Professional Development or CPD offers architects and other construction professionals the means of staying up to date with the ever changing and highly regulatory construction sector.
With our many years in the design, manufacturing and supply of timber windows and doors Bereco are well placed to offer advice and guidance on key subjects such as regulatory compliance through to the sustainability of our built environment.
Our RIBA certified core curriculum CPD ‘ The New Part Q & What it Means for YOU’ focuses on the requirements of windows and doors under the building regulations Approved Document Q Security- Dwellings.
Our CPD aims to offer;
- An understanding of what property types are covered by Part Q and which products fall within its scope.
- An understanding of how easily accessible windows and doors are defined in Part Q.
- An understanding of the standards of security performance needed and optional routes to specification of Part Q compliant windows and doors.
- An understanding of the difference between Part Q and Secured by Design.
- An understanding of the consequences of non-compliance.
Earn double points and an hour of your core curriculum CPD with our RIBA certified CPD seminar ‘The New Part Q & What it Means for YOU’
Core Curriculum Subjects
Designing and building it: design, construction, technology and engineering
Compliance: Legal, Regulatory and Statutory Frameworks and Processes
Look out for our next CPD focusing on the specification of Acoustic Windows & Doors coming Early 2017.