Bereco Windows Unveiled At 55 Colmore Row, Birmingham
Bereco are proud to have been part of the journey in the sympathetic replacement of the sash windows in the Grade II listed façade that now form an integral part of the historic streetscape.
At the official launch on Thursday IM properties unveiled the long anticipated 55 Colmore Row.
Boasting 160,000 square ft of Grade A office, leisure and commercial space at the heart of Birmingham’s business district, conservation and creativity have come together in the stunning redevelopment of this iconic address.
From the preservation of the Grade II listed Victorian Facade that overlooks Colmore Row and the magnificent St Philips cathedral to the restoration efforts in what was the old Victorian banking hall that now is home to the buildings reception. The commitment to quality is everywhere.
Take a first look at the stunning development c/o Estates Gazette
Some interesting facts about the development;
- The address was named after the Colmore family in 1747.
- The property overlooks St Philips Cathedral; the key driver for the architecture seen on and around Colmore Row.
- The Victorian façade facing Colmore row is Grade II listed.
- Colmore Row has its own conversation area.
- The building was once home to a piano manufacturer and salesman its wide pillars on the face marking the original doorway through which his pianos were carried to horse and cart for delivery throughout the city.
- The building wrap used to mask the façade during constructions was one of the largest ever commissioned.
- The 2,445 sq meter giant wrap upon removal was sent to North Africa and parts of Greece where it has been repurposed into weatherproof yurts.
Nicola Harrison, General Manager at Bereco said, ‘It has been a pleasure to be involved in a project with such a dedicated team from Morgan Sindall whom were focused on delivering a project that truly showcases for client and council that there is a place for preservation of our heritage in our modern bustling city centres’.
What’s being said on social media:
Images c/o 55 Colmore Row & IM Properties PLC